I love to give advice.
I love to go out to eat.
I love to find a really great restaurant.
And even more, I love to share what I've eaten or drank with anyone who will listen.

I don't so much care if people take my advice or recommendations... I just take joy in pointing out some highlights of the world of restaurants. Read and choose to act as you will.

I chose to call my blog "Black Girl In..." for a few reasons:
1. I was going to call it Dirty Martini...
but decided against it since I'm in a dirty martini phase right now. There's a pretty good chance in a few months I will be onto another delictible libation (prior to dirty martinis, I was drinking bloody mary's... then it was Maker's Manhattans... then it was Stoli Vanilla Lemon Drop...). It's best not to tie myself down to the drink of the moment.

In the meanwhile, there will be posts about Dirty Martini's.

2. I was going to call it Black Girl In Ballard...
I moved to the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle about 2 months ago and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. There aren't that many black girls in Ballard - relatively speaking. So I thought this would be funny. Then I realized that there is only so much to Ballard to write about. And much like my Dirty Martini phase, I am in a Ballard phase. I don't want to leave my neighborhood - ever. In fact, leaving my condo is getting pretty difficult. Even still, I do leave my neighborhood just about every day. Therefore, BGIB was a little limiting.

Which brings me to the exciting selection of Black Girl In...
I travel a lot so where ever I am, I can just blog in about BGI
Today's post could be "Black Girl in Renton" since I'm at work. My home internet connection isn't working so... thanks work for the internet!

I suppose I should be doing some work... Hmmm...

Anyway - welcome to Black Girl In!

Comments

Popular Posts