Another Sonogram...

Since I was at 11 weeks, it was time for me to get a sonogram for the first trimester pre-screen. For some reason, Dean needed to go to REI & because I have pregnancy brain it didn't occur to me that HE NEEDS TO BE WITH ME DURING SONOGRAMS! So we go our separate ways.

There I am, sitting in the waiting room at the ultrasound clinic. Surrounded by couples wondering why the F*CK I let Dean go to REI when he should be there supporting me. I gotta admit, there was a lot of anger mixed in with the loneliness I felt. Is there really ever anything that important at REI? Why didn't it occur to me that I needed him with me before he left? So annoying.

They call me back, I disrobe from the waist down & get ready to see baby. The technician asked me questions that I didn't understand ("Umm-hmm" should never be an accepted response to anything). Then she squirted the warm gel on my belly & started looking for baby. There it was. It's heartbeat was strong & mine was skipping. Wow. Just amazing. I really wish Dean was there to see it.

Kinda looks like a lima bean...
 
Lima bean or not, I believe those are some of the CUTEST leg nubbins ever seen!


Oh - and the technician said that there was NO WAY I was at 11 weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts