Meeting the OB

I like my OB. Her nurses assistant on the other hand...

We walk in & the nurse asks me if I had been in before. I said I had. She asked me why I didn't see her, to which I replied, I had no idea. I had been in a few weeks before for the sonogram & even waited at the desk afterwards to see if I needed to see anyone else. I was told "No" & "Have a nice day" so I left. Now this chick is giving me attitude?!

Okay - I'm pregnant which should give me some leeway for being forgetful, but I asked (I even have a witness) and was told I could leave so the problem is not with me, honey.

I feel better now.

The downside of not seeing her on my previous visit was that they needed to do a pap-smear. It was much less unfortunate because the procedure SUCKS & way more unfortunate because Dean was there. I can vouch for all women everywhere. Boyfriends (and I imagine husbands, fathers, brothers, guy friends, sons, grandsons, uncles, male cousins etc) should NEVER be witness to a pap smear. It's humiliating when you're alone, but to have your loved one be there... well, that takes the humiliation to a totally different level. I wanted Dean to come to my side of the towel, but he promised "not to look." I have to take his word on that (see the post on Trust).

The OB came in & she was super nice. She reminded me of someone I would hang out with so, I figure that should be a good thing. Granted, before the end of the exam, she shoved her hand up my Hoo-Ha, so drinking buddies we'll likely never be.

Then, she said that the sonogram placed the baby closer to 11 weeks - according to the first day of my last period, I couldn't be more than 9 weeks, but okay? At 11 weeks, the baby had a chance of being born closer to my brother Marq's birthday (November 2). I focused on this rather than trying to decipher how I could be 2 weeks further along than my first day of my last period suggested.

We talked about screening tests & I honestly didn't really absorb much of anything she said. I'm going to play the pregnancy card on that - again. I need to subscribe to a pod-cast that tells me what I should think about everyday regarding the baby. How else can I keep everything in my head!!?

The worst part of the visit was the realization that this woman, who I like, has about 15 deliveries a month. If I'm not due until November, that puts me in line behind 105 mommies. How will I know I'm being taken care of?!

Comments

Popular Posts