Pilates

I've been taking semi-private Pilates classes for 3 years & even after I found out I was pregnant, have continued to go to my once a week class.

The benefits - prior to taking the classes, I had severe & chronic back pain.  After trying acupuncture & chiropractic & deep tissue massage, nothing worked very well & the pain always returned.  Since Pilates, my core has grown strong enough to share the burden of holding my body upright... I've added 1/4" to my height (apparently, all those muscles in my back have been knotted & bunched which is part of what caused me pain).  Anyway, despite a few stupid tricks on my part, my back has been completely pain free for 3 years.  I love pilates!

With Lomax moving into my abdomen, however, core strengthening exercises are O-U-T.   Our last class is Wednesday.  After a brief break, my pilates class will go on without me.

Comments

Popular Posts