Sleeping through the night

I had given up on sleeping through the night back in early April.  Every night, I get up between 2am & 4am to pee.  Most nights, I end up laying there, awake, my mind racing with thoughts about baby, Dean, work.  So many thoughts that I can't fall back to sleep for at least 2 hours or roughly 10 minutes before my alarm clock goes off.

I don't usually have a problem falling back to sleep when Dean is home, but that's a different story.

I taught myself to keep the thoughts out by brain shouting "NO!" at the start of a new thought string.  Sometimes it works (okay, like this has worked twice in 16 weeks).  Sometimes, though,  I forget to show "NO!" until I've travelled down 8 or 9 different thought paths.  Kinda sucks.

Anyway, this morning, I remember a brain shout but don't remember getting out of bed.  I woke up at 5:15 thanks to the not so lovely song birds in the trees outside my window (they are hidden by the foliage... where are those darn neighborhood feral cats when you need them) and realized, I never got up to pee!  Seriously, this is a first in 16 weeks.

I am liking the 2nd trimester! 

Comments

Popular Posts