That's new!

Reading many of the mom-to-be articles, they tell you:
  1. You'll start feeling the baby around the 16th week
  2. It will feel like butterfly wings or a goldfish in your belly
  3. Many women mistake the feeling for gas.
Well, my baby moved the other day while I was driving home from work.  My first thought was "What the hell is that?!"  Having never experienced a butterfly or goldfish in my belly, I find those 2 analogies completely lacking in relevance.  Here's my take

Imagine a kitten pawing at your belly or on your chest trying to make the space more comfortable before curling up to take a nap.  The gentle pawing creates a little pressure against your skin that's not quite relaxing like a massage and not quite painful (unless the claws are out).  It's more just calming and wonderful.

Now.

Move that feeling inside & instead of feeling the pressure from the outside in, imagine it's on the inside pressing out.  Every now & then, it feels a little like a scratch (the claws!) but it's pleasant and calming and wonderful.

Hello baby!!

Comments

Popular Posts