Challenges in Nesting

I suppose I should be more embarrased to show these photos, but this is for posterity & I recognize that one day this room will not be this messy.  On that day, when I start saying things like "You wouldn't believe the mess I started with..." (which I will!), these pictures will prove that we really did have to climb a mountain to get to where we will be when that statement becomes true.

So, I've been thinking of the nursery for a while, but in our 2 bedroom condo, figuring out where everything will go has been a challenge.  Before Dean moved in, the 2nd bedroom was little more than storage.  Once he moved in, it became more than storage... it just was.  In January of this year, I actually cleaned out the room & made it hospitable enough to host guests (my mom & aunt shared the room for 2 weeks).

Since then, the room, as you can see, has fallen into it's old habit... storage.



We have a storage room outside the front door of our condo that is over-burdened with, you guessed it... stuff.


50% of what's in the storage room is athletic equipment... 60% of which actually gets used 20% of the year (skis & ski accoutrement).  Most of the stuff in the 2nd bedroom is clothing that doesn't fit me.  So, I thought I could just pull the stuff out of the storage room & set aside a pile of things to give away, a pile of things to throw away, a pile of things to sell and a pile of things to stay in storage.  After working on the storage room for 2 hours, I had 2 things to sell & 1 thing to give away.  UGH!

So, time for a new plan...

1. Move everything out of the 2nd bedroom so nursery creation can begin.
2. Things that we need to have ready access to should go in the on-site storage room.
3. Get off-site storage.
4. Move stuff that is non-essential to the off-site storage location.

Now... what is non-essential?
- books
- Alicia's summer clothes
- more to come!

Comments

Popular Posts