Lifting my skirt

Sitting on the sofa tonight, watching "That 70's Show" and I felt a little flutter in my belly.  I casually looked down & saw my skirt move.

What the...!?!

I looked again, and it happened again.  Just a little flutter.  It was off & on for about 30 seconds.  Then after 5 minutes or so, it happened again.

Hi baby Lomax!

I was so excited & filled with joy that I called my mom to let her know that her grandson was making a mark in the "outside" world.  We talked for about 30 minutes, and in that time, he lifted my skirt at least 3 or 4 more times.

I am amazed that I didn't start crying.

So... what does this feel like?  I want to liken the feeling to a kitten walking on your belly.  The steps are erratic and random but that's not really a good visual... it's a cute visual, but it's not good enough.

Imagine you're laying under a trampoline and a kitten is walking on the trampoline.  You put your hand where you think the kitten is going to step and wait.  Eventually, the kitten gets up the nerve to stand up & walk but each step is erratic and random and brief.  

The tension of the trampoline is very much like the tension I feel in my stretched belly.  And when Lomax moves, it's a lot like something is moving around on a trampoline.  Or on the skin of a drum.  Or on a tight rope.   Sometimes it feels like a rubber band being strummed.

It's a little weird, but oh so amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts