Maternity leave starts NOW

Suffice to say, the last few months at work have been hectic, stressful and painful.  I had been unhappy for a while, but given the economy and the fact that I'm pregnant, I felt a bit trapped.  No way to move forward, no way to move back.  So I stuck it out.

Unfortunately, my supervisor was feeling the same way and despite my many efforts to bridge the communication barrier, there was no way to make a connection.  Whatever it is I did to her in a past life must have been pretty horrible.

And still, for the sake of Lomax's health, I steeled myself to my fate.  Silently praying for the stress to not seep through my pores and into baby Lomax's consciousness.  Some days, quiet frankly, were easier than others.  When you find yourself working for someone who doesn't listen and is incapable of communicating clearly what can you do?  I found myself on more than one occasion in my car crying my eyes out.  Maybe if I weren't full of hormones...

Well, today my company & I reached a mutual parting of ways in what amounts to me beginning my maternity leave early.

Thank you!

Now... what to do with my time...

Comments

Popular Posts