Maternity Massage... HOORAY!

Korina, a co-worker, recommended Oasis Salon & Spa in Woodinville, WA for maternity massage.  They have a pillow that is designed for pregnant women and allows you to lay on your front without putting any pressure on the belly.  The shooting muscle spasms on the right side of my back needed a serious workout, so I was in.

I had experienced a maternity massage at a different salon, but there I had to lay on my right side while the masseuse massaged my left side, then switch.  It was awkward.  For a massage to be a massage, you have to lay on your belly.

What I didn't know is that laying on your belly is actually THE MOST COMFORTABLE POSITION EVER!  The maternity pillow had cut-outs for boobs & belly which left support on your shoulders & hips.  The masseuse began a regular massage & I promptly fell asleep.  It was GLORIOUS!

Half-way through, I did child's pose while the masseuse removed the pillow from the table, then I flipped over.  I immediately fell back to sleep.

When I walked out of this massage... well, I was in love.  I called Dean to tell him I loved him.  I chatted with baby Lomax and told him I loved him.  I didn't hate my job so much and actually turned on the laptop to do a little work before the night was over.  The world was a better place.

I'm scheduling another massage soon!

Afterwards, I met Melinda at the Columbia Winery to go for a walk.  We moved from the winery to the brewery next door to be closer to the river trail.  The massage was so perfect that not drinking wine or beer wasn't a disappointment.

Comments

Popular Posts