Ode to granny panties

Several weeks ago, I was reading Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs.  She had a chapter on granny panties that was funny but left me thinking "NO WAY! am I going backwards."  

Let's just say I have an issue with panty lines.  So I hunkered down & enjoyed being panty line free, even though I was getting more & more uncomfortable, uhhh, down there.  The last thing I imagined would be going on was thong-chafe.

Then today, at the bar after a kickball game I was sitting on a chair drinking lemonade & could not sit still.  I was experiencing a new level of irritation that seemed to be aggravated by sitting, standing and walking.  I went to the bathroom at the bar to pee & the moments my underwear was down, I felt better & surprisingly didn't really have to pee that much.  Once the underwear was back on, though, back to the crazy irritation.

Fortunately, when I discovered a way to wear underwear & not show any panty lines, I didn't get rid of my old granny panties.  I put on an old pair & was pretty sure I heard angels singing!

Could these really have always been this comfortable & my vanity (reoccurring theme?) for not showing panty lines got in the way of ultimate comfort???  I'm going to go with "No" on the vanity issue this time, but I really was in heaven.

So, I've learned - when pregnant it's more important to be comfortable because really, noone is looking at your butt anyway.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts