Text from Uncle Marq

"Hooray~  a little boy!
i'm so happy 4 u!
you're gonna be a great mom!  He's gonna be a raider fan!
lol"

A Raiders fan?  I don't think so!

Whether Lomax is going to be a football fan is a non-issue.  In fact, whether or not he's going to be a sports fan is a non-issue.  That is going to happen at least until he's old enough to decide that watching golf sucks.  It's what his father likes so I'm going to go with him liking it too.

I told Dean about Marq's text, so we had a discussion on what baby's favorite teams were going to be.

Basketball - even if the Sonic's hadn't left Seattle last year, Lomax would grow up a Portland Trailblazers fan.  Tonight, Dean & I were searching for shows and he found a retrospective of the Trailblazers drive to win the NBA championship in 1977.  He was so riveted, reliving each game that he attended... naming off players... calling shots...  While I was bored out of my mind, I enjoyed watching Dean get so taken with his memories of his own childhood (His brother Randy took him to many of the games when they lived in Portland).  I can't wait to watch Dean with our little boy.

Baseball - Go Mariners.

Football - well... this one is tricky & the Raiders, again, are not an option.  I am a Philadelphia Eagles fan.  Dean is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan (boo!).  Lomax is going to have to be a Seattle Seahawks fan as a way to keep the peace.  Caw, Caw!  

Comments

Popular Posts