Daddy Dean the Disciplinarian

Lomax is an active little guy unless his father is around.  Seriously, the kid will be flying around my womb, I'll call Dean over or grab his hand so he can feel it & all activity stops. 

Example:
Last night, after a nice dinner (no sweets), Dean & I lay down to sleep.  All day I've been trying to get Dean's hands on my tummy at the same time or in anticipation of Lomax moving around with no success.  Laying down usually guarantees movement so I figured we'd be successful in a moment or two.  And... nothing.  There would be movement until Dean's hand reached my stomach then no movement at all.  So we decided to give up & just go to sleep.

Dean falls asleep at the drop of the hat & I'm laying on my left side and I feel a tickle on the inside.  Like little tiny fingers on the inside of my stomach lightly brushing up & down, up & down... kinda like a feather.  I jumped and giggled.  Dean asked what was wrong & I said "Your son is tickling me!"

Being practical, I figured maybe my right side would be a better position.  Just as I was about to fall asleep, I feel the feather again up & down, up & down... 

"AH!!!" I yelped and jumped awake giggling.  
"Are you okay?"  Dean asked.
"Yeah, he's tickling me again!" I replied as I rolled over on my back.

"You have to feel this, he's going crazy in there" I said as I moved Dean's hand to the place on my lower belly where he was currently tickling me.

As soon as Dean's hand touches my belly, all activity stops and baby Lomax falls asleep.  I felt bad that Dean didn't get to feel the movement but was happy to finally get some sleep myself.

 Too funny.

Comments

Popular Posts