LEG CRAMPS!!!

There are things that your body insists on during pregnancy.  Today, I learned the importance of drinking enough water.

Typical dehydration symptoms include dry nostrils and dry mouth.  When pregnant, you get these symptoms PLUS leg cramps.

I innocently stretched this morning when I woke up and was immediately greeted with a what felt like a nail being driven into my calf muscle.  A nail?  Maybe more like someone sawing into my leg.  After screaming and trying to move my ankle to get any movement (my leg was straight up in the air), I grasped for my calf to try to massage the knot out.  Touching it only caused more pain and likely another scream which woke Dean up.

"What's wrong?" he asked groggily, but alert
"My leg, my leg, my leg..." I wimpered still trying to reach the pained muscle.  "I have a cramp"
"Flex your toes, " he calmly instructed as he sat up & began massaging my calf, "now point your toes."

Magically, the pain lessened but stayed in my calf like a physical manifestation of a bad memory.  I limped for the rest of the day - favoring the injured leg.

I logged into Babycenter.com and learned that leg cramps are a symptom of dehydration.  Ok.  'nuff said.  If I have it in my power to make sure I never have another leg cramp like that again, I am all over it.

Comments

Popular Posts