Moving around

This week, Lomax has taken to movement.  I feel him on the right side, where he typically hangs out, leaning against my belly (I believe he sleeps with his head in the crook of his arm - I can feel the arm just pressing against me and can think of no other alternative).  

This week, he's discovered the left side and he spent a day exploring everything.  He's moved beyond poking an leaning though.  I can actually feel him flipping around.  This has to be the COOLEST feeling ever.

Here's one description - imagine you're reading a book or listening to your iPod.  Whatever you're doing, you are completely 100% engrossed in the activity to the point that you are only partially conscious of the world around you.  Then you get a nudge... this nudge, however, isn't on your back or shoulder... it's in your belly which is odd because who nudges anyone in the belly a la the Pillsbury Dough Boy?  You look up from your book and look around - because your senses tell you something just nudged you and you want a visual confirmation.  That's when you realize that the nudge came from the inside...

Sounds like a horror movie!

Sometimes they are nudges, sometimes it's a symphony, sometimes I think he's training to be a mime and is perfecting his "In the phone booth" routine.  I've trained my eyes to look at (okay, it's closer to a stare) at my belly for visual confirmation.  My hands zoom to the last place he touched and I wait.  Sometimes I tap, hoping he'll tap back.  I always say "Hello, baby!"  with a quick follow up "What are you doing in there?"

This is the greatest feeling in the world - even at 4 am (which seems to be a regular time for him to start moving around).

Comments

Popular Posts