Walking IS exercise!

Having spent the last 2 years rededicating myself to athletics, my inability to run or bike or play kickball has been getting to me.  I'm literally watching all my friend stay healthy and get skinny while I get bigger and rounder and heavier.  Again, I KNOW that the big, round & heavy is due to baby however before when I would worry about these things, I would go for a run.  Grrr.

So I've been walking.  First for 20 minutes, then 30 minutes, then an hour.  The condo is at the bottom of a hill so I get a little bit of a hill work out too!  The funny thing is, no matter how far I walk, when I get home I am EXHAUSTED and often collapse for a quick nap.

Reluctantly, I'm beginning to accept that walking is exercise too.  I thought about giving myself a goal (which is how I got to 1 hour walks) but am happy to just enjoy the neighborhood, the good weather and being pregnant.

Comments

Popular Posts