Mother's Day Part 1

I remember waking up last year on Mother's Day and trying to comprehend what was going on. I was 4 months pregnant and we hadn't told our friends yet (well, I had). I was thinking about this life inside me & thought some really deep wonderful thoughts that I intended to write down.

But I didn't.

Now I'm actually a mom.

The funny thing is I'm still trying to comprehend what is going on. How can saying "my son" make me feel so completely happy? How can his smile fill me with so much joy?

Dean's out of town today & Wesley is too small to bring me breakfast in bed (or do the laundry, or vacuum or dust... sigh). So I'm going to celebrate today as if it was every other day since Wesley was born. Just loving him. Loving who he is. Loving my life. And being grateful that he chose me to be his mom.

Thank you my beautiful son. I can't begin to tell you how much I love you. It's too wide, too deep, too "mucho grande."

Comments

Popular Posts