Swirley Swirley Swirl

I believe I know what my job is. My manager should know what my job is. But for some reason I operate in an environment that believes that swirl is the best medicine.

It's not.

Example:

1. manager 1 is given a project by senior manager 1 & is working diligently to get it finished.
2. senior manager 1 asks manager 2 to work on the same project & is working diligently to get it finished.
3. at some point, manager 1 & 2 cross paths and are confused about why they are both working on the same project.

OR

1. sr. mgr 1 asks worker-bee 1 to do a job that is outside the scope of her knowledge or ability.
2. worker bee 1 asks questions & diligently works to get the job done.
3. worker bee 1 is asked several times "why are you asking this?" or "manager 4 is working on this check with him" or "do you have a plan?" Since sr. mgr 1 doesn't have a plan, how can worker bee 1 know what to do?!

Comments

Popular Posts