OB visit #2

Dean & I had our 2nd OB visit today at the Polyclinic at Swedish Hospital on First Hill.  My OB wasn't available so I visited with a nurse midwife who was very nice.

Once we arrived at the office, I went straight to the bathroom.  That's my thing.  Whatever.

Once in the observation room, the nurse midwife asked if I had left a pee sample & I said "No."  She told me I should leave one every visit.  They use the urine to make sure to check for lots of things that I don't remember.  I asked for 2 glasses of water while she spoke.  I hope Dean remembers what she said.

Today we were going to hear the baby's heartbeat and as she asked me to get into position, I asked her if I could go to the bathroom first.  The time between the 2 glasses of water & this question was about 2 minutes.  Like I said, this is my thing.

Back in the observation room, my pants unzipped & pulled down, the nurse midwife puts the slightly chilly goo on my belly & then the heart monitor which looks like a mini personal karaoke machine.

Soon...

duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum-duh-dum

Wow.  I started to cry.

Dean looked impressed.

The nurse midwife told me things that I probably should have paid more attention to, but I was too busy being in love with my new favorite sound.

Comments

Popular Posts